Tuesday 11 March 2014

Gel Nails Review - Gelish Forever Beauty

There's something about a fresh manicure that fills me with a surprising amount of happiness and for this reason I try and get my nails done with a gel polish every 2-3 weeks. Not to mention that in my lne of work I'm constantly touching peoples' face/hair and like to keep my hands as clean and presentable as possible.


The Place: I currently pay £20 (such a bargain) to get my nails done in the aptly named 'Nail Bar' in Hanwell, west London. The salon itself is run by a vietnamese team of very talented nail and beauty technicians and whilst its basic layout doesn't look like much with the slightly dated 4 nail stations and 2 pedicure chairs, the quality is always extremely high. Value for money is also excellent and I wind up saving myself about £50 a month (or two and a half more mani's) compared to the £46 it costs for the same service in a nail bar I used to use in Notting Hill.




The Colour: I should mention that I am desperately indecisive, this makes picking a nail varnish a very difficult task for me and quite often results in me choosing something either nude/pinky or red/burgundy. True to form on this day I chose a pale peachy pink shade with a very slight pearlescent effect. I was a little concerned because pearly nail colours usually remind me of old lady nail varnishes, but this one was very subtle and just made my nails look a bit more glossy.

The colour I opted for was Forever Beauty by Gelish, a brand that I've used before and have always been happy with. They have a good range of colours and were one of the first brands around when gel nails started to breakthrough.

The Result (Excuse my weird claw hand)

The Result: I am very happy with the result. I've had loads of compliments on the colour and along with all this sunshine it's getting me in the mood for spring! I went with a friend who liked mine so much she ended up getting the same colour as me. As always the service was excellent and a week on they're still looking pristine.


Xx






No comments:

Post a Comment